*~OLD=MATURE?~* My Colleagues Is it really good to look young or is it really good to look old? Well. I noticed a serious trends in adults. They have this very traditional, inflexible, non-intellectual, childish thoughts that being older means being more mature, and hence having higher authority.
Sometimes, I think it's just about dressing. People failed to look beyond the dress, the empty shell. Can't they view people in a more intelligent way. These are the people who will buy books due to it's nicely done cover, publicity, rather than their own likings. These are the people that will go after branded stuffs, smoke, because it LOOKS cool.
I remember the first day i went for interview, i wore a black pants, hite sleeveless top, grey sweater, black boots, black handbag. The handbag belongs to my mum. The dressings....guess my mum bought for me when i was still in Sec sch. I was being introduced to the other colleagues. That day, everyone addressed me Miss or xiao jie.
I requested to wear casual clothes for work days since I have not even earn a single cents yet, hence no money to buy more mature clothing. Sometimes they think mature clothing means the dull coloured stuffs or sexy, lady clothes. Workdays, i prefer to wear casual, move around easily, and whatsmore it is only for a few months. Actually, the main problem is the $. And even if i were to buy clothes, I prefer the brighter colour, I likes to look youthful, I think it makes my day and other people day brighter.
So i wore some casual top and a jean to work. And the colleague who was supposed to teach me do the report exclaimed:" hUH?? Wasnt I suppose to teach the lady that come that day?"
And there after, i was being called xiao mei rather than the Miss and the Xiao jie. Haha. It was then i realise how versatile i can look! heh. Anyway, life being a "xiao mei" in the office wasnt a fun experience. You can sensed the doubts that people have of you. They sneered at however you said. Even someone of age 21/22 so that. COMe'on, it's just a difference of 3 yrs. I guessed it's just human, they loved to feel superior than others. But if you really are more capable, more mature in my opinions, i respect you. But if you are not, i see you as someone lacking in confidence and thinking being superior than someone younger makes you feel more confident, I pity you.
21/22: What did you do during your free time? Me: Ktv, ......etc. 21/22 sneered: KtV? Sure anot? You do went ktv with your friends?
She must have felt very disappointed because i do what she does. She is in no way more superior. Then she decided to believe in her own way that there must be more other stuffs she will be better or more superior in. She called me "xiao mei" all the while and when manager asked her to learn the reports work flow from me, I bet she felt really bad. She must have been hurt badly. I know how those "adults" will feel so i decided to teach her in a more friendly way rather then in a commanding way. But i doubt she was in any way grateful to me. Sometimes when i failed to teach her the correct way and realised my mistake after a while, she will go grumbling in a joking tone: Walaoz...teach me wrongly...bla bla bla". She should feel lunky that i bothered to type out the work flow stepss by steps. When I just learn the work flow, the colleague who taught me NEVER gave me such detailed work flow. It's all based on my memory and practising. Haiz~~ "adults".
Me: I was being asked by RC to teach EMC. But I wasnt good in my english and decided not. 21/22 sneered: You sure nortx? You are xiao mei mei leh~They will let you teach meh?
Hey! Come'on! I am gonna have brighter future then you!!!! You immature poly student who studied accountacy just cause your family asked you to! Get a life man!!!
As such, I was really unhappy at work. And ya, 21/22 smoked. A girl smoked. Well, I am not saying that smoking is wrong, but I bet she smoked because she think thats make her seemed more mature. SIGH!!! It's these people that spoiled my otherwise wonderful day.
*~MY FATHER~* My father:Don't bla bla bla (This incident quite sometimes ago but happened V frequently in the past. Kind of forget what he asked me to do)
Me: But why? Give me a valid reason.
Father: No reason. I am your father. So listen.
Me: If the OLDs are always correct, the police can just released all the old man from the prison. All i want is a good reason from you, that's all. Convince me pa.
Father: You still dared to talk back?!!!!!!! Listen. I am your father so you gotta listen. Simple.
I guessed MANY elderly still do that. When they have got no reason, they will shoot you with the fatal"how dare you talk back to your father" and you lost the battle. All i want is a reason. I'm sure you asked me to do stuffs for a reason ya? Then TELL ME!!! I hate it when people think that being older means being more superior.I know, the elderly they lived longer, definitely have more experience that the youngs, definitely have more valuable lessons to share, THEN SHARE IT!!!! Don't alwayz shoot us with "don't you dare talk back" and then left us bewildered and angry. The elderly will be termed as unreasonable by his children. Unreasonable cause he doesnt give a valid reason. You are old, we know. That's not a reason.
I am glad my father has toned down already. I hoped he has understand my point better. Has shared my thinkings with my mum because i was totally annoyed by my father at that time. Hope she did convey my thoughts.
~*MY BROTHER~* My brother is 28 years old this year. The person i loved talking to most in the family. Despite the 10 years difference in age, we are able to discuss over serious stuffs together. Discuss over the education system in Singapore, discuss on entertainment stuffs, discuss on humans.......etc. Lots. And beside alwayz providing me with invaluable insights, most importantly, he listened to me. He paid attention to what i said. He agreed with me when he need to. If only everyone is like him, we can learn alot of stuffs from each other. But no, the pride in adults often hold them back and before thay realised it, they are too far off from the new generation.
*~GENERATION GAP~* Initally, i was taken aback by my 12 years old cousin who went shopping as and when she likes it, know alot about IT, set up a blog liek i do, have friendster account, chatted for long hours in msn, sell stuffs in IRC, know lots about the different models and function of handphones....etc. We never get to enjoy such luxury when we were back in Pri school ya? But then again, I know that the world is moving in very fast pace and it is no doubt that the young kids get exposed to so much stuffs.
Seeing my colleagues acting in these childish narrow-minded way, I can forsee a even BIGGER generation gap in the future. Spare the kids.
I really hope my colleague could chanced upon my blog in some way or other, learn to respect people and not be so immature at thoughts anymore.
it rained at 12:16 PM
Me*____
ME: JuanZ | TKSS,NYJC,NTU | First crY: 19th Nov 86' |
To B HeaLthY | My ParenTs wun Grow olD | NO MORE lies from anione animore | A DigitAL cam | PaSs emAge tEst | Do Well fOr ALl eXaMS | GeT a Gd joB in Future | LasTly,I Jus WisH to B haPPy ALwayZ^^ | I wish...........